Update as of 10/12/16
The Orange Board of Education and the Negotiating Team.
Has reached a tentative agreement again. We will have a Contract Ratification, October 17, 2016.
Update as of 9/15/16
From all the votes that where counted from each school.
The decision is… No Contract!
Update as of 9/9/16
The Orange Education Association and The Orange Board of Education.
Has reached a tentative agreement! We will have a Contract Ratification, September 13, 2016.
Update as of 8/19/16
|On August 11, OEA and NJEA representatives met with representatives of the OBE and a fact-finder regarding proposed salary guides. At this meeting , we could not reach an agreement. However, the fact-finder has jurisdiction over this issue and will continue to work with both parties in seeking a resolution. Both parties agree to meet again with the fact-finder on September 6.|
Update as of 5/3/16
The OEA have reached a tentative agreement with the board of education pending the agreement on the salary guides. Once the salary guides are agreed upon, we will schedule a meeting to present the deal. Negotiations team members are not at liberty to discuss the details of the agreement until that time.
Happy Teachers Appreciation Week!
The Orange Education Association Negotiations Team and The Orange Board of Education have NOT yet reached a tentative agreement, but we have scheduled another negotiations session for Monday, May 2, 2016.
Update as of 1/11/16
The association entered mediation with high hopes and given that we are not far apart on the terms of the settlement we expected to reach an agreement. However, the district has refused to acknowledge the plight of our membership and the financial burden we have incurred with the contributions of the health benefits and cost of living increases. The board’s representatives were not prepared to reach an agreement. Therefore, we remain at impasse. Please see your building reps for updates.
Update as of 11/5/15
The action that President Nussbaum announced on OEA day that was planned for this Tuesday, November 10, has been postponed.
Update as of 10/15
The association and the board have reached an impasse. While the tone and tenor of negotiations have been positive, we remain separated on salary and benefits. We successfully reached consensus on several proposals. We initiated the process to meet with a state-appointed mediator and await the scheduling of the first date of mediation. In the interest of procuring a settlement, the association and board have agreed to meet in the interim.
The OEA Negotiations Team